Family Checklist for Pilmuir - What to bring (or not)????
What to pack? What do I leave behind? These are the questions we ask ourselves every time we head away on a holiday so hopefully these tips will help.
- In the welcome pack there is tea, coffee and sugar awaiting your arrival, but pack some milk! There is even a Magimix Nespresso coffee machine.
- The kitchen is well equipped from slow cooker, bread maker to food mixer, so try and plan some meals or have a think about what you want to cook and don’t pack too much food with you.As we use the cottage ourselves and have a child with food allergies, a well-equipped kitchen was essential and that includes plastic crockery etc for the children.
- For families we have a highchair, plenty board games, DVDs, toys and books, so you don’t need to pack so much indoor entertainment, just remember a wee net and wellies for the stream outside. There is also a playpen-come-fire guard.
- Prior to COVID-19 we provided all linen and towels but at present we are unable to do so due to the risks involved to our housekeeping team and to you the guests in using a laundrette.For our full COVID-19 story check it out here (https://www.speysidecottage.co.uk/covid-19.html).We do provide bathmats, kitchen towel, oven gloves, dish cloth and in the welcome pack are some dishwasher tablets, kitchen roll etc. We also provide a comprehensive kit for COVID-19 with hand sanitizers, sprays etc so just remember your masks.
- Clothes for all weathers, as you just don’t know what’s going to happen.Washing machine, tumble dryer and pulley are all there, but I’d suggest bringing a small amount of your own washing powder as the last thing you want is a reaction to something new.
- We have bike washing facilities with lotions and potions as well as tools to fix your bike but a puncture repair kit, rucksack, water bottles and packed lunch/snack stuff never goes amiss.
- The cottage has lots of maps covering Scotland, but a map case would be a good idea if you plan on using them, so they don’t get wet.
- No need to pack the hair dryer as there is one in each room but you can pack the straightening irons if you think it necessary ;-)
- Sun-tan lotion if you are going tobe out and about.Whether it’s sun reflecting off snow, wind or indeed summer sun it’s something we recommend along with a first aid kit.We do have a kit in the cottage but again always best ‘to be prepared’ particularly when kids are involved.